- Added support for PPPoE and dial-up Internet connections.
- Installed BookletImposer to convert linear PDF documents into booklets, and vice-versa.
- Added GNOME Screen Keyboard to replace Florence, the previous virtual keyboard, which had many issues.
Upgrades and changes
- Tails releases Upgrade Linux to 4.12.12. This should improve the support for newer hardware, especially NVIDIA Maxwell graphics card.
- Upgrade Thunderbird from 45.8 to 52.3.
- Require a 8 GB USB stick to install Tails. 4 GB USB sticks that are already installed can still be upgraded.
- Tails Installer now detects when the target USB stick has Tails installed already and automatically proposes to upgrade. This made possible to remove the initial splash screen.
- Disable Bluetooth to protect against the BlueBorne attack. #14655
- Increase the randomization of ASLR to the maximum. #11840
- Deny access to the D-Bus service of Pidgin to prevent other applications to access and modify its configuration. #14612.
- Fix the import of secret OpenPGP keys in Password and Keys. #12733
For more details, read our changelog.
None specific to this release.
See the list of long-standing issues.